Question

How to upload a PostGIS raster to ArcGIS online?

• 26 March 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a reader that reads a PostGIS raster and I would like to have a writer that uploads it to ArcGIS online. When I do this, the raster gets uploaded as a table to ArcGIS online. How can I accomplish this? Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hello @samuelmonat​! Unfortunately, it does not look like our ArcGISOnline Writer supports raster geometry (and I suspect the ArcGISOnlineConnector will be similar)! There doesn't seem to be an existing FME Idea related to this, perhaps you can create one and link it here for other users to upvote / and or comment on?

For the time being, are you able to use a RasterReplacer to store your raster as a BLOB in a table on ArcGISOnline? Let me know if you have any questions about this! Best, Kailin.

Hi @kailinatsafe! Thanks for the answer! I realized this wasn't possible indeed. My raster was being stored as a BLOB in a table in ArcGIS Online like you said, so I uploaded it to ArcGIS Online outside of FME. Thanks for suggesting FME Idea, I might create a new thread on there relating to this. You can consider this question closed. Cheers, Sam.