Question

How to write attachments to ArcGIS Online?

• 23 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +8

I need to copy records from one hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online to another hosted feature layer. Schemas are identical. Some of the records in the source data have an attachment (only 1 per feature/record so only in the 0 position in the list). No problem getting all of the records to write from the source to the destination but the attachments are not included. Anyone know how to do bring over the attachments with the rest of the data?

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @aaron​  FME currently supports reading attachments from AGOL. Writing attachments to AGOL isn't yet supported. I've linked this thread to our internal ticket (reference FMEENGINE-40499). In the meantime, I'm wondering if using this template that's available to download on the FME Hub might help through an API: https://hub.safe.com/publishers/safe-lab/templates/attachmentwriter

Badge +8

Hi @aaron​  FME currently supports reading attachments from AGOL. Writing attachments to AGOL isn't yet supported. I've linked this thread to our internal ticket (reference FMEENGINE-40499). In the meantime, I'm wondering if using this template that's available to download on the FME Hub might help through an API: https://hub.safe.com/publishers/safe-lab/templates/attachmentwriter

Thanks @nampreetatsafe​ , we'll take a look at this.

Badge +4

Hi @nampreetatsafe 

Any update on attachment writing agol and portal .

Was it implemented

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @nampreetatsafe 

Any update on attachment writing agol and portal .

Was it implemented

Thanks

Hi @abnan0001​,

I checked in with the team. Though this work has been pushed longer than expected, it is on our roadmap for early-mid of next year (2024). Good news is that It likely won't be tied to a release of FME, which provides greater flexibility. The plan is to implement it as part of a packaged Transformer.