Question

Error Running JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw - JobHistoryReader_HTTPCaller (HTTPFactory): An error occurred while accessing the URL ....

• 23 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +7

Hi, 

I have been running the JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw using a FME schedule, and in recent times I have been noticing an error (log attached) that I am unable to get to the bottom of.

53	2023-3-23 10:00:27 | JobHistoryReader_HTTPCaller (HTTPFactory): [1]: HTTP transfer summary (PANDORA): status code: 401, download size: 52 bytes, DNS lookup time: 3 ms, total transfer time: 97 ms
54 2023-3-23 10:00:27 | JobHistoryReader_HTTPCaller (HTTPFactory): An error occurred while accessing the URL 'https://PANDORA:443/fmerest/v3/transformations/jobs/completed?limit=1000&offset=0'
55 2023-3-23 10:00:27 | The below feature caused the translation to be terminated
56 2023-3-23 10:00:27 | Storing feature(s) to FME feature store file `C:\ProgramData\Safe Software\FME Server\resources\logs\engine\current\jobs\47000\job_47701_log.ffs'
69 2023-3-23 10:00:27 | Attribute(string: UTF-8) : `_response_body' has value `{"message":"Authentication failed: Failed to login"}'

I dont believe I have made any changes to the workbench, so it should be stock from install.

There is a funny aside to this, my AD account has been locking itself out recently, and we have narrowed it down to be occuring at the exact same time this tool tries to run. So my mind is blown as to how this is related to my login!

Is anyone able to provide some direction as to what I look into? I have been working with my IT department and we are all now scratching our heads.

EDIT: Taking a closer look at the attached logs, I can see there is a command line at row 20, and it includes `--SERVER_PASSWORD' `***' ` and also`--SERVER_USERNAME' `ben.vankesteren', I am wondering if this is related to the 'scheduled task' published parameter? I am not sure how to accommodate this hard coded parameter as I am required to change my password every month, I do not want to have to remember to update this parameter each time.

1 reply

Badge +5

Hello,

Could you please try changing the setting in your schedule to a different user[one that does not require password changes]?