Solved

Python Exception

• 22 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

We used to have the following 'Emailer' Transformer in our FME Desktop /Server 2021.2.2 and it worked fine:image 

However after upgraded to 2022.2.3, we experienced the following Python Exception error for Emailer:

imageAny idea how to fix that? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 22 March 2023, 19:14

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

It is an FME HUB transformer now, can you try to uninstall and reinstall it?

Badge +1

Hi @nielsgerrits​ 

Just to confirm, do you mean to first uninstall 'Emailer' Transformer from my FME Desktop (right click on Emailer in Transformer Gallery and Delete)?

Then Download the following latest Emailer from Hub?

imageThen save the above downloaded emailer in the default Transformer folder for Workbench to use?

Sorry still relatively new to the process. Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Hi @nielsgerrits​ 

Just to confirm, do you mean to first uninstall 'Emailer' Transformer from my FME Desktop (right click on Emailer in Transformer Gallery and Delete)?

Then Download the following latest Emailer from Hub?

imageThen save the above downloaded emailer in the default Transformer folder for Workbench to use?

Sorry still relatively new to the process. Thanks.

Probably multiple ways to do this, but onder tools, options is a menu with packages, you can uninstall those there. Then simply enter emailer in the canvas, select it and it will reinstall.

On a second thought, what is the selected python version? See the navigator, under scripting.

Badge +1

Great advice! Ran the following updates and the error gone away:

However, still no e-mail received. Reviewed the workspace closely and noticed there was no activities after the indicated '?' part?imageIt worked before the upgrade. Under 'ChangeDetector', should I change from the connected 'Inserted' to 'Unchanged' for that 18 rows of data that we need?

Badge +1

By changing the connector to 'unchanged' seems to fix it.

Thank you for your help @nielsgerrits​ !