Question

Merge more than 20 personnel geodatabases into a single one

I am currently working on a project where I need to combine more than 20 personnel geodatabases  into a single one. The geodatabases have the same table field structure and also have attachments and relationships classes. I am using FME to perform this operation.

I have  difficulty in achieving this effectively. I have tried using the "Feautre Merge” and tool in FME, but it seems that this tool does not take attachments into account. 

Therefore, I am looking for an alternative solution to combine these geodatabases while retaining attachments.

I am sure that there must be a solution to this, and I would like to know if anyone could help me find a suitable solution. If anyone has worked on a similar project or has in-depth knowledge of FME, I would be delighted to hear your advice and suggestions.

3 replies

Badge +2

@riad.hamoudi​ FME can't create the relationship classes, so you need to use a template file . Make sure you uncheck Ignore Relationship Info on the File Geodb Reader parameters. Use the existing globalid's as the relation id's geodb_rel_destination_oid & geodb_rel_origin_oid as described here

If you have a couple of small example Geodatabases you can share then someone can probably dig a bit deeper for you.

@riad.hamoudi​ FME can't create the relationship classes, so you need to use a template file . Make sure you uncheck Ignore Relationship Info on the File Geodb Reader parameters. Use the existing globalid's as the relation id's geodb_rel_destination_oid & geodb_rel_origin_oid as described here

If you have a couple of small example Geodatabases you can share then someone can probably dig a bit deeper for you.

Thank you for your help. I checked the link you shared, but my situation is a little different. My Geodatabase contains attachments in blob format (picture). I understand that FME cannot create relationship classes in this scenario, and I need a template file. I see the video in your link.  Unfortunately, I cannot share my GDB due to its size, but if someone has experience with similar cases, I would appreciate any additional insights. Thank you again

Badge +2

Thank you for your help. I checked the link you shared, but my situation is a little different. My Geodatabase contains attachments in blob format (picture). I understand that FME cannot create relationship classes in this scenario, and I need a template file. I see the video in your link.  Unfortunately, I cannot share my GDB due to its size, but if someone has experience with similar cases, I would appreciate any additional insights. Thank you again

@riad.hamoudi​ if it's a blob then I assume it's just a relationship class as opposed to an attachment so the principals should be the same.