Question

I am trying to migrate Shapefile to Small world , in shapefile it is WGS-84 coordinate and in SmallWorld it has to be UTM-43N, I got "Smallworld Translator Error: coordinate3d(6.461e+007,1.066e+008,700.0) Incompatible sizes 3 2" how to clear this

I am trying to migrate Shapefile to Small world , in shapefile it is WGS-84 coordinate and in SmallWorld it has to be UTM-43N, I got "Smallworld Translator Error: coordinate3d(6.461e+007,1.066e+008,700.0) Incompatible sizes 3 2" how to clear this

5 replies

Badge +2

@jenithajerome​ Depending on the version of Smallworld you may or may not need to use a world coordinate system - which are usually in units of cm, mm or inch. In your case, it looks like you are scaling your coordinates to mm or cm and then possibly using a metre coordinate system. You might have to create a coordinate system in your world coordinates, similar to the one attached. All you have to do is model copy your existing UTM-43N and change the units to the world units.

@jenithajerome​ Depending on the version of Smallworld you may or may not need to use a world coordinate system - which are usually in units of cm, mm or inch. In your case, it looks like you are scaling your coordinates to mm or cm and then possibly using a metre coordinate system. You might have to create a coordinate system in your world coordinates, similar to the one attached. All you have to do is model copy your existing UTM-43N and change the units to the world units.

@Mark Stoakes​ 

Thank you ,Mark !

I Reprojected the data to WGS-1984 using ArcMap and yet the same error arises.

I have never heard of smallworld, but just looking at the coordinate values in the error message tells me that the point is outside of the UTM zone. The X coordinate should never be greater than one million. I have had similar problems and worked around it by using a spatial filter which ignores anything outside of the expected area. Sometimes there are "relics" of corrupt data in source files that can hide in the native application but are discovered by FME.

Badge +2

@jenithajerome​ You probably need to create a custom UTM-43N coordinate system in mm or cm. You can do that here

Thank you all