Solved

How to Make Sure a Python Caller ran First and Finish the job before Starting Other Part of Script

I have a disconnected Python Caller which is suppose to do some data cleaning in target dataset before Reading data from source and writing them into Target

Can you please let me know how I can make a sequence here before reading the data from source to ran and do the job of Python Caller First?

I tried to connect/put the Python caller before Reader but as you know where is no way to add it before reader , out of the box

Thanks

icon

Best answer by hkingsbury 20 March 2023, 22:10

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Use the output of your python caller to trigger a feature reader. Replacing the reader with this feature reader will then only read the source data once the python is finished

Thanks for quick reply hkingsbury but can you please let me know where I can set the output of python caller to trigger a feature reader?

imageWhen I click on Output what I am seeing is this window without any option to select the reader

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

You need to connect the output port of the python caller to the initiator port of the feature reader

Userlevel 4

+1 for the answer by @hkingsbury​ . I'll just add that you probably want to add a Creator before the PythonCaller, in case that isn't obvious.

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

+1 for the answer by @hkingsbury​ . I'll just add that you probably want to add a Creator before the PythonCaller, in case that isn't obvious.

Good point 😛

Thank you guys both, and you are right David, Creator is needed too