Question

64-bit Background Geoprocessing

• 20 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

Since this morning since FME Desktop 2022.0, I can no longer read or write to an ESRI geodatabe. All the FMEs in my company are concerned. The error message is : "Unable to perform any licensing related tasks. Please check your Esri ArcGIS Compatibility setting. This 64-bit version of FME requires ArcGIS Desktop along with 64-bit Background Geoprocessing; ArcGIS Pro; or ArcGIS Enterprise. Refer to this this article http:/ /fme.ly/qua for more details". ArcGis Desktop 2.9 is installed on my machine and the licenses are up to date.

An idea?

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Can you open ArcGIS Pro? You might need to sign in again?

Yes I can open ArcGis Pro and the license is not expired.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @oli22​, thanks for posting! Was FME able to checkout a license before and now its not working? If so, did you perform any upgrades between then and now?

Do you have Desktop 64-bit Background Geoprocessing installed on the same machine? If so, I think we may need to set the Esri compatability in FME to favor ArcPro. This can be done in the Navigator > Workspace Parameters > Translation > Esri ArcGIS Comptability: ArcGIS Pro.

I think when this parameter is set to 'Auto' and FME detects a Desktop 64-bit Background Geoprocessor, it tries to checkout the ArcGIS Desktop license opposed to ArcPro. If changing this setting does not resolve the issue, please submit a support case with us! Happy to help, Kailin