Question

Check if geopackage exists ,if exists append features if not create it and insert features

I have a workspace that proceses a lot of features and then writes it to a geopackage but it replaces the file with new data.I want if the file exists to append the features if it does not exists to create the file.How do i do that?

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Under parameters is a "Overwrite Existing Database" checkbox. Is that checked? Did not test this but I think if it is not checked, it should work as you want.

if i uncheck it, it duplicated the data inside if the data is the same

Under parameters is a "Overwrite Existing Database" checkbox. Is that checked? Did not test this but I think if it is not checked, it should work as you want.

if i uncheck it, it duplicated the data inside if the data is the same

Userlevel 1
Badge +14

Hi @elcontador​ I think ChangeDetector is what you are looking for, you can even have separate writers for different ChangeDetector output ports (one for appending features if it exists, one for creating it and insert features if not). Check out this article: Change Detection

Hi @elcontador​ I think ChangeDetector is what you are looking for, you can even have separate writers for different ChangeDetector output ports (one for appending features if it exists, one for creating it and insert features if not). Check out this article: Change Detection

I have 2 writers that both write geopackage using an attribute , i want to check the next time i use the transformer if the geopackage is writteen with that atrribute , if it is , i need it to check against it for the new features. if the fieatures are in the packages and there are no new changes to it , leave it as it , else modifiy them.Can i share the workbench here?

Userlevel 1
Badge +14

I have 2 writers that both write geopackage using an attribute , i want to check the next time i use the transformer if the geopackage is writteen with that atrribute , if it is , i need it to check against it for the new features. if the fieatures are in the packages and there are no new changes to it , leave it as it , else modifiy them.Can i share the workbench here?

You most certainly can share your workbench here! Sounds like maybe a Tester transformer with the selected attribute to test, and if it passes then use a ChangeDetector. Hope that helps.

As you can see , i have 2 writers that fan out the features based of an attribute.

I want before that to check if i have a geopackage with that name in the folder to check if the features are in the geopackage if yes , update them , if no insert them

if the geopackage does not exist, create it

I have answered without using reply.,its below