Solved

Why are block unrotated when converted from dgn (Microstation) to dwg (Autocad)?

Badge +13
  • Contributor
  • 56 replies

Hello everyone,

I am trying to convert dgn (Microstation) to dwg (Autocad), but for some reason the blocks are in my dwg unrotated. In Microstation those are called cells. Does anyone know how I can get the cells rotated in the dwg file? The igds_rotation attribute does show the rotation values in case of Microstation (see below for some example values)and I read somewhere online that the attribute name that holds the rotation value in case of autocad was 50. I could be wrong though. In the output (dwg) the cells are unrotated. It might thus be due to the fact that I stored the rotation value for autocad under the wrong name.

afbeeldingafbeelding

icon

Best answer by joy 22 March 2023, 16:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

If you map igds_rotation to autocad_rotation (using an AttributeManager for example), does that work?

Badge +13

If you map igds_rotation to autocad_rotation (using an AttributeManager for example), does that work?

Unfortunately it still doesn't work

I saw that someone had a similar problem and an employee at SAFE suggested the following transformer : ReprojectAngleCalculator

However, I have really no clue how to use the ReprojectAngleCalculator and if this might solve the problem

afbeeldingafbeelding 

Badge +13

I found the solution.

I defined the autocad_rotation in the DWGStyler instead of the Attributemanager and then it worked.

I have no idea why it works in the DWGSyler, but not with the AttributeManager.