Question

I'm trying to create an FME workbench that reads a FGDB, applies a data joiner to populate a field that is missing from the FGDB than use this to update an existing layer in an SDE connection using truncate and load>

• 16 March 2023
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

The way i currently have it working is a 2 step process where Step1 I use the input FGDB as my reader ---> data joiner to populate my missing field ---> write out to a temp FGDB. Step 2 i use this temp FGDB as my reader to write to my SDE connection where i truncate and load it in to update. I'm trying to find a more way to make this more of a streamlined process if possible?

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @chrisnovak​ You could possibly replace your FGDB Writer with a FGDB FeatureWriter which would allow you to continue working with the data throughout your workspace instead of having to add another Reader for the FGDB. If you're not familiar with the FeatureWriter I recommend checking out this article: https://community.safe.com/s/article/basic-featurewriter-example

If I'm misinterpreting your question please let me know! If you're able to share your workspace or any screenshots, that would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Dan