Question

Attach the result file of an ETL to a response body when triggering a job on the server with REST API

• 16 March 2023
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Hey.

I am trying to implement a REST logic to one of my etl's. I have few parameters where i input data. For example a string where the user should input a WKT or GeoJSON geometry. We are passing this parameter to the ETL with the REST Api service, we are manipulating the geometry and i want to print out the resulted geometry in GeoJSON or WKT format in the response body of the etl.

Right now i am getting a response that contains only the job details but no results.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Take a look at the DataStreaming Service or the DataDownload services. https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/ReferenceManual/transformation_svcs.html

These don't use the FME Server REST API but are separate services on FME Server which are available via REST. The Data Streaming will return the content of a chosen writer as the response. The DataDownload will Return a zip file containing the file(s) from selected writers.

Cheers

Matt