Question

How to read Esri FileGDB without Feature Class "names" / schema-prefix

Badge +7

I have several Feature Classes in a FileGDB and would like to convert these into a Geopackage. Therefore I would like to remove/not read the different schema-names / Schema-prefixes.

A Feature Class "WAS_LABEL/WAST_TEXT" would be read as "WAST_TEXT" without the schema-name/prefix.

Is there an easy way to achieve that?

The FeautureClass-Names in the geopackage need to be "flat" without schemanames...

image.png

3 replies

Userlevel 4

One solution could be to use a StringReplacer with the following regular expression, replacing it with an empty string:

^.+/

Badge +7

Thanks David,

preferable would be a checkbox at the Reader like at the "SQLite" Reader "remove table qualifier", but I guess there's not such an option. Using your method, I would need to manually change each feature type one by another, or can it be done using a feauture reader and then the Stringreplacer on the featuretypename attirbute?

Badge +2

Thanks David,

preferable would be a checkbox at the Reader like at the "SQLite" Reader "remove table qualifier", but I guess there's not such an option. Using your method, I would need to manually change each feature type one by another, or can it be done using a feauture reader and then the Stringreplacer on the featuretypename attirbute?

@reservoirdog​ FME doesn't really treat the feature dataset as a table qualifier. If you can use the File Geodatabase (ArcObjects) reader then the feature dataset is handled slightly differently.