Question

Run FME server as service

Hello,

We install a second server FME to update the version. When this version will be ok, we will stop the old server.

All is ok if we run the new server manually but it doesn't work when we want to run fmeserver like a service. 5 services is ok but the fmeserver-database.service doesnt work.

Have you an idea?

Thanks

9 replies

Userlevel 4

For what it's worth, the official answer is that it's not possible to install more than one instance of FME Server on the same machine.

For what it's worth, the official answer is that it's not possible to install more than one instance of FME Server on the same machine.

I'm not on the same machine. I take a new server.

My problem is that fme server works very well when I run it manually with the command startServer.sh but when I activate the service it doesn't work. I had problem with SElinux but now it's ok. All the service (6) are ok but i can get the fmeserver page. I disabled th firewall.

If you have an idea?

Thanks

Userlevel 4

My problem is that fme server works very well when I run it manually with the command startServer.sh but when I activate the service it doesn't work. I had problem with SElinux but now it's ok. All the service (6) are ok but i can get the fmeserver page. I disabled th firewall.

If you have an idea?

Thanks

Did you look at the server logs? I'd expect some error messages there to explain the problem.

If you have an idea?

Thanks

Hello,

I don't know what log expecting. The six service are ok and the tomcat seems ok too. But when I go the the page http://myip/fmeserver/ , I have the problem

Userlevel 4

If you have an idea?

Thanks

Based on the error message, it looks like a networking (routing or firewall) issue. You may want to involve your IT support for this.

If you have an idea?

Thanks

I don't think because when I launch startServer.sh => it works.

Maybe a probleme with nginx ?

Userlevel 4

If you have an idea?

Thanks

I see that you're running startServer.sh as root. Does the Tomcat service also run as root? If not, it could perhaps be a permission issue.

Thanks!

I feel like the process of fme-engine don't start like an service.

In my old server I saw this in ps-edf:

/opt/fme-engine-2019/bin/fme REGISTER_FME_ENGINE localhost 7070 7069 DEFAULT /opt/fmeserver/Server/fmeEngineConfig.txt -ENGINE_HOST_NAME inf-fme.atmo.local -FME_INSTANCE_NAME inf-fme.atmo.local_Engine1

I don't see it in my new server. Maybe is it the problem?

Thanks

I found the solution. In the new version, we have to activate nginx service.

It works when we launch manually because il starts this service end not when we run as service

Thanks

Yann

It's possible to close the post