Question

Suggestions on how to process survey data.

Badge +1

I have a survey and those filling out the survey are asked if a condition has passed or failed. There are close to 50 questions like this. When a condition has failed it is expected that the person filling out the survey will include details on the failure.

The table that collects this information has schema similar to this: Condition1, Condition1 Comments, Condition2, Condition2 Comments, Condition3, Condition3 Comments; ad nauseam.

I have created a TestFilter to test for the different conditions. Now for each specific failure I have a corresponding outport. The records that go through these outports will be turned into Cityworks Work Orders. Thankfully, they are all considered the same work order (a generic one).

I'm a bit puzzled with how to manage the comments. How can I grab the corresponding comments for a failure? It would be good to also have the ability to report more than one failure and grab all of the comments.

I hope I've provided enough detail. I appreciate any help.

Cheers,

A-U

3 replies

Badge +2

@abysmal-ukulele​ Looks very similar to this question.

The TestFilter is not a cascading filter. If a feature passes the first test then it exits that port and it is not tested against subsequent conditions. i.e. if Condition1 passes the test, then it's possible Condition2 will not get tested.

Badge +1

@abysmal-ukulele​ Looks very similar to this question.

The TestFilter is not a cascading filter. If a feature passes the first test then it exits that port and it is not tested against subsequent conditions. i.e. if Condition1 passes the test, then it's possible Condition2 will not get tested.

Thanks for the reply @Mark Stoakes​. You're right this question is an extension of my earlier post. I felt it different enough to start a new thread. Maybe I should be more economical with how I post my questions in the future. I apologize. Still getting used to things.

What you're saying is true, when the TestFilter has its Test Output settings to 'First Passing Port' it will stop once a condition is met. You can also set the TestFilter to have the Test Output setting of 'All Passing Ports' and the transformer will act in a cascading way. I believe this is what the setting does.

CaptureNow that I have my conditions tested, I'm still figuring out how to include the corresponding comment in a Work Order. To manage my comments I'm playing with a custom parameter. The objective of my new post was to find a resolution for including the appropriate comments. If I land on a good solution I'll share it with everyone. In the meantime if there are some obvious ways of tackling this problem, I'd love to get more feedback.

I really appreciate everyone's patience.

Badge +2

Thanks for the reply @Mark Stoakes​. You're right this question is an extension of my earlier post. I felt it different enough to start a new thread. Maybe I should be more economical with how I post my questions in the future. I apologize. Still getting used to things.

What you're saying is true, when the TestFilter has its Test Output settings to 'First Passing Port' it will stop once a condition is met. You can also set the TestFilter to have the Test Output setting of 'All Passing Ports' and the transformer will act in a cascading way. I believe this is what the setting does.

CaptureNow that I have my conditions tested, I'm still figuring out how to include the corresponding comment in a Work Order. To manage my comments I'm playing with a custom parameter. The objective of my new post was to find a resolution for including the appropriate comments. If I land on a good solution I'll share it with everyone. In the meantime if there are some obvious ways of tackling this problem, I'd love to get more feedback.

I really appreciate everyone's patience.

@abysmal-ukulele​ Yes, I had forgotten about that option. But now you have a duplicate of each feature that failed any test that you have to deal with - where as AttributeValidator as suggested by @ebygomm​ gives you a list of the failed attributes so you know which ones to work with...