Question

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to pass an attribute that I created from a string concatenator through a feature type filter? Thanks.

I am trying to clip many different data layers based on a county boundaries for quarterly updates. I need each layer to end up writing to its own feature class. I am trying to not have to use a lot of different clippers or have to update the writer feature class name every Quarter. That is why I am trying to use a string concatenator that will add the correct quarter to a new attribute to use as the name each quarter. I figured out that I can use the feature type filter after the clipper to get everything to the correct writer feature class but the attribute that I created does not get passed through the filter. The field is under the drop down for blank and unfiltered but not on any of the other ports.

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Try naming the resulting concatenated attribute "fme_feature_type", however it still might not work as you'd expect unless you manually define all the output ports.

Otherwise you can use a TestFilter rather than the FeatureTypeFilter, where you'll have more control.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Do you need to filter the feature types? Can you not just fan out on the writer?

Badge +2

@jsundberg​ This is an issue in the FeatureTypeFilter that we hope to address. FeatureTypeFilter currently only exposes attributes that originate on the source feature types, and does not expose attributes added in the pipeline - like AttributeCreator or AttributeConcatenator. However... you attribute is still on the feature and if you use Feature Cache and view a feature in the Feature Information window you'll see it there. You can use AttributeExposer to expose the attribute on the workbench schema.