Question

Convert from gdb dataset to xml file

Hello everyone,

I'm very new participant in this community and FME as well.

Please can everyone help me to convert data from .gdb files to .xml file

I would be very grateful if someone could write me the steps and some of the important details in the transformers

Input (reader): geodatabase file (with extension .gdb). For example, this file can be read in ArcGIS ArcMap

Output (writer): one .xml file

Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi, did you have a look at this Tutorial: Getting Started with XML (safe.com)?

There is a section on Writing XML with XML and XSD XML Writers in this tutorial.

FME has two approaches to writing XML:

• The first follows building the XML document structure within an XMLTemplater transformer and then writing the result out using the Text File Writer.
  • The second approach consists of writing XML documents conforming to an existing (W3C XSD) XML Schema document.

You may wish to play around with one or both of these approaches to see what suit your needs.

Hi, did you have a look at this Tutorial: Getting Started with XML (safe.com)?

There is a section on Writing XML with XML and XSD XML Writers in this tutorial.

FME has two approaches to writing XML:

• The first follows building the XML document structure within an XMLTemplater transformer and then writing the result out using the Text File Writer.
  • The second approach consists of writing XML documents conforming to an existing (W3C XSD) XML Schema document.

You may wish to play around with one or both of these approaches to see what suit your needs.

Thank you so much!

Your suggestion helped me.

*Excuse me for late reply.