Question

Copy measures from existing line to neighbouring lines.

Badge +1

The main goal of my question is to assign measures to neighbouring lines. MeasuresThe black line has measures which i would like to assign to the red lines.

I have tested for one line only and thus tried using the LineOnLineOverlayer and set a tolerence level of 10, the positive thing is the neighbouring whole line gets assigned measures, however some vertices remined snapped to the blackline(the one with measures),still trying to figure out why.

The idea is

1.) I assign measures to the red lines(A,B,C,D) from the black line,

2.) How do i vary the tolerance so that all the lines get captured.

Any ideas will come quite handy.

Thanks,

Keller.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @keller​,

The MeasureCalibrator transformer from FME Hub might be helpful for this. You will need to use a Chopper to chop the black line into vertex points to use with this transformer.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @keller​,

The extra vertices from the MeasureCalibrator may be a pain, so I have simplified the logic a bit:

Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 3.00.01 PMPlease try the attached workspace.

Badge +1

Hello @daveatsafe​ many thanks for the answer , sorry for my late response as i was trying to get the logic behind the workspace, and was also trying it on may other lines. It worked well on straight lines but i have been busy trying to find a local solution for areas with an overpass/crossings for example, where there can be more than one option for the neighborhood finder. Sorry that i did not illustrate this in my initial diagram.

Otherwise, many thanks for the solution. It's a big step into what i was trying to achieve.

Regards,

Keller.