Solved

In amalgamating different pipeline datasets I need to identify which pipes are duplicated. The FuzzyParrelLineFinder is not reporting a match for for some pipes that have identical coordinates. In what situations does the FuzzyParrelLineFinder not

Badge +5

I am sending the FuzzyParrelLineFinder 3 features that are lines with 2 coordinates only (i.e. start and end points). The coordinates are identical. The lines are 64 m in length and I am using the parameters of: Sampling Distance = 1 and Search Distance = .30. The FuzzyParrelLineFinder is not identifying the lines as matching. Are there situations where the FuzzyParrelLineFinder doesn't work or have I miss-understood the parameters?

icon

Best answer by markatsafe 2 March 2023, 20:27

View original

4 replies

Badge +2

@philipwhitten​ If you think there is an issue with the FuzzyParallelLineFinder then perhaps post a comment on the FME HUB for the author to take a look.

More recent versions of Matcher and ChangeDetector can use the Frechet distance when you set the Vector Tolerance under the Check Geometry panel, so you might want to try those.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @philipwhitten​,

The algorithm the FuzzyParallelLineFinder uses to match segments breaks down for perfectly coincident lines. I will need to update the transformer to catch that case and handle it properly.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @philipwhitten​,

The algorithm the FuzzyParallelLineFinder uses to match segments breaks down for perfectly coincident lines. I will need to update the transformer to catch that case and handle it properly.

FuzzyParallelLineFinder updated to properly handle coincident segments.

Badge +5

Thank you. This question and answer forum is so helfpul. I learned about Frechet Distance and I realised that it was easier from other questions to compare the centre point, length and angle of my pipes to identify duplicates.