Solved

Assigning correct town name to address points in the streets layer

• 24 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

I want to assign the correct town name to address that are off a street in one town but addresses are in another town. check the pic below. in attributes town left and town right both are B while town right should be A for geocoding purposes. address points a separate layer has correct town name. is there any way to correct this using FME?

icon

Best answer by jonas_nelson 27 February 2023, 16:27

View original

9 replies

Badge +12

I may not understand exactly what data you have, but assuming that it looks like this (attributes 'Street name' and 'Main street'), couldn't you just use an Attribute Filter to filter out where 'Street name' = Town right, and then proceed with that result to change the values for 'Main street' to A (using an Attribute manager transformer) ?

Badge +2

I may not understand exactly what data you have, but assuming that it looks like this (attributes 'Street name' and 'Main street'), couldn't you just use an Attribute Filter to filter out where 'Street name' = Town right, and then proceed with that result to change the values for 'Main street' to A (using an Attribute manager transformer) ?

This wouldn't work. I have 100 towns and I need only border streets where the town should change. Because in town streets have right attributes. so the town name will change based on location. how can I select border streets within a distance? may be that will be 1st step then figuring out the change of town name base d on direction if it will be right or left of street.

Badge +12

This wouldn't work. I have 100 towns and I need only border streets where the town should change. Because in town streets have right attributes. so the town name will change based on location. how can I select border streets within a distance? may be that will be 1st step then figuring out the change of town name base d on direction if it will be right or left of street.

If you want to select certain streets that are within a distance (of something - maybe town polygons, with Buffers?), then you might want to look into some SpatialFilter settings.

Badge +2

I tried looking into spatial filter but couldn't find option for buffer. any guidance please ?

Badge +12

If you have the town areas as polygons, you could use those (or use a Buffer transfomer to increase/decrease that area), then use a SpatialFilter to find which streets intersect or are contained within those areas, and then proceed to change the attributes of those filtered out streets.

Another way would be to use a Clipper transformer to cut away the part of the street network that are within/outside the town areas (assuming you HAVE those areas), and proceed to change the attributes of the cut-away streets.

Badge +2

I am going to try the buffer. Thanks for your response.

Badge +2

is there any way to use just buffer area for spatial filter ? instead of whole town polygon since i need only the road on the edge. if I select with towns layer it selects everything inside.

Badge +12

Sure. You can buffer the town area and then use a Clipper to cut away the town area itself , keeping only the buffered edge.

Thanks for the answer and if I face anymore problem, I will message here. If you are looking for the online essay samples and you can't find you can visit this website I will Recommended Reading these samples which really helps you to complete your essay assignment on the time.