Question

I have two text files that each are in a zip file, which are then in another Zip file.

Badge +2

Structure is

*.zip\\

text1.zip\\

File.txt

text2.zip\\

File2.txt

11 replies

Badge +2

I can handle the txt in the zip files, that is pretty easy. I tried *.zip\\*.zip, *.zip\\*.*, *.zip\\**\\*.txt, etc, basically everything I could find in the doc.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

So what's your question?

Badge +2

How do I extract two txt files that live in zip files that then live in 1 zip file?

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

How do I extract two txt files that live in zip files that then live in 1 zip file?

You can use the wildcard "*" in the reader like so :

C:\\Users\\hamish\\Downloads\\*.zip\\**\\*.txt

imageFME treats zips just like folders

Badge +2

So I tried

Badge +2

It does seem to work with a Text file reader.

Badge +2

In the sense that it adds to the canvas, but still fails to run

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

So I tried

Whats the error in the log?

The reader you're using is a csv reader, but the file extension you've specified is txt. Is that file actually a csv?

Badge +2

Whats the error in the log?

The reader you're using is a csv reader, but the file extension you've specified is txt. Is that file actually a csv?

That is correct. I have tried CSV which flags the error directly. If I try and use text file, i get... 2023-02-27 14:55:12|  0.1| 0.0|ERROR |Text File Reader: Source dataset 'C:\\Users\\tcronin\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\wbrun_1677533700583_22080\\fmetmp_21\\TempFS_1677538512093_35028\\dsTEXTLINE_1_0\\efs_files_20230207110823.zip_0\\**\\*.txt' does not exist

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

In the sense that it adds to the canvas, but still fails to run

Hi @tcronin​ if you are able to add the text file reader to the canvas, what is the error you get when trying to run the translation? Could you provide the translation log file as well as the text file or csv you are trying to read? If you are still experiencing issues you may want to submit a support case with us so that we can investigate further. Happy to help :)

Badge +2

I will go through Support, as the data is sensitive.