Solved

About the difference of column values initially and count of same column values after filtering.

• 23 February 2023
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Hello all,

I would like to know about the difference between the count of values of one column initially while reading and count of values of the same column after filtering. If difference between the count of values is same then ​we will send an email. so how can we achieve this in fme

icon

Best answer by hkingsbury 23 February 2023, 21:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

flipping the problem around (at least how i'm interpreting it), you're wanting to see if your input data contains a certain value, if that value doesn't exist, then you want to send an email.

Simpliest way is to pass you input data through your filtering logic. The right at the end place a nofeaturetester. if a feature comes through you filtering logic, it will come out the output port. If no feature(s) make it through the filtering logic then there will be a blank feature come out the noinput port. you can then tie this into your logic to send an email

flipping the problem around (at least how i'm interpreting it), you're wanting to see if your input data contains a certain value, if that value doesn't exist, then you want to send an email.

Simpliest way is to pass you input data through your filtering logic. The right at the end place a nofeaturetester. if a feature comes through you filtering logic, it will come out the output port. If no feature(s) make it through the filtering logic then there will be a blank feature come out the noinput port. you can then tie this into your logic to send an email

Thank you,this has helped me. It solved my issue!​