Question

Attribute Warnings

• 21 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Greetings,

I am getting thousands of warnings, and would like to understand more about them. Let's take these two for example and go from there. Can someone help explain what these warnings are and how to correct them?

imageimageAlso, are these warning slowing the run time down? The run is quite slow, and it's unclear to me exactly why.

Thank you,

Tyler

FME Workbench 2022.1

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @townest​,

The warnings are usually due to one or more features making a transformer or writer unhappy, but not to an extent where it will fail the whole conversion. I could give you a more concrete reason if I could see the entire log file. When the features are logged by the warning, the feature includes all the attributes on the feature, including format attributes.

It appears you are reading AutoCAD data. This format has probably the largest set of format attributes of all the FME source formats, in order to not lose any of the symbology or complex geometry stored by AutoCAD.

The logging can slow down running the workspaces in Workbench - try closing the log window in Workbench before starting the run. Removing the reasons for the warning is also a good strategy - these are usually just before the beginning of the logged feature, and should explain the reason the feature was logged.

Badge +10

If there is a warning against a particular feature, all the Attribute values are listed, that's what is shown in your screenshot. It does not indicate any issue with those particular attributes.

For example, the following warnings are from a single feature having a string instead of a numeric attribute to do a calculation, only the Attribute detailed in the fme_expression_warning needs to be corrected to remove the warnings

Badge

If there is a warning against a particular feature, all the Attribute values are listed, that's what is shown in your screenshot. It does not indicate any issue with those particular attributes.

For example, the following warnings are from a single feature having a string instead of a numeric attribute to do a calculation, only the Attribute detailed in the fme_expression_warning needs to be corrected to remove the warnings

Thanks for your responses. Knowing this, I'll study the log file and see about fixing the root cause. Tyler