Question

How can I publish images to arcgis server image using FME?

• 21 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +7

How can I publish images to arcgis server image using FME?

I'm newbie on arcgis server image.

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Hi @arthy​ thanks for your question. Writing images to ArcGIS can be a bit tricky, check out these threads (1) and (2) that go into more details. You can also check out these tutorial articles for more information on AGOL readers and writers:

If you have specific issues or questions let us know! You can attach a sample workspace and data to this thread or if you're more comfortable you can submit a support case. Happy to help :)

Badge +7

Hi @arthy​ thanks for your question. Writing images to ArcGIS can be a bit tricky, check out these threads (1) and (2) that go into more details. You can also check out these tutorial articles for more information on AGOL readers and writers:

If you have specific issues or questions let us know! You can attach a sample workspace and data to this thread or if you're more comfortable you can submit a support case. Happy to help :)

Thanks @Evie Lapalme​ 

I still have several questions. After reading this post, I downloaded the 2023 beta version to try the new arcgis server feature service writer based on this post

How do I write attachment to the portal along with data?

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Thanks @Evie Lapalme​ 

I still have several questions. After reading this post, I downloaded the 2023 beta version to try the new arcgis server feature service writer based on this post

Hi @arthy​ sorry about that! This is likely due to the ArcGIS Server Feature Service Writer not supporting attachments. In the documentation it states "Although the reader can read attachments, the writer currently cannot write them. Format attributes related to attachments are ignored." See the documentation here: https://docs.safe.com/fme/2023.0/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_ReadersWriters/arcgisfeatures/arcgisfeatures.htm

If you would like to have the ability to write attachments (images, etc.) along with a feature you can submit an additional idea. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Badge +7

Thanks @Evie Lapalme​ 

@Evie Lapalme​ 

The these threads (1) and (2) are more relating on writing data to existing features.

The new  ArcGIS Server Feature Service Writer  is able to do that but there is a bug on the feature reader that create a big issue with the performance amd make it unusable for what I'm looking for

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Thanks @Evie Lapalme​ 

@arthy​ Oh sorry to hear that! What are you experiencing, or what are you trying to do? If you could also provide your workspace and any additional files or screenshots that may help us investigate that would be appreciated. You can also submit a support case if there are any files that you would not like to share publicly. Happy to help :)