Question

Hello, I would like to transform LAS files to LTF files using FME. I read that LTF format isnt supported in FME unless i install Leica Geosystems TPS Reader extension. Can someone tell me how to do that? thanks

• 21 February 2023
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Hello, I would like to transform LAS files to LTF files using FME. I read that LTF format isnt supported in FME unless i install Leica Geosystems TPS Reader extension. Can someone tell me how to do that? thanks

3 replies

Badge +6

Hi @borijarim​, I wasn't able to find much information on a Leica TPS Reader extension; are you able to provide more information or work with another output format instead? FME supports various point cloud formats, GeoTIFF, and more.

Thank you for answering. If i can't find a LTF reader can i perhaps introduce one by defining the file format in FME? I have to transform las cloudpoints to LTF because my photogrammetry software only accepts LTF files for DTM edition.

Badge +6

Hi @borijarim​, in that case you can certainly create a new reader or writer. I would also suggest posting the idea for an LTF reader/writer to our Ideas page for others to vote on-- we take these ideas into consideration when looking at how we can improve FME.