Solved

ArcGIS Feature Service

• 20 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I was able to insert 847k records out of 1.6M last Friday then it just failed (token was refreshed). This morning, I've disabled / re -enabled versioning in ArcPro and was able to insert 600+ new records using FME. Tried another 600+ and failed with the below error.

ArcGIS Portal Feature Service Writer: Encountered an unexpected error. The error code from the server was '400' and the message was: 'Unable to complete operation.'. Details: 'Insufficient permissions [42000:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server][SQL Server]The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'i24_get_ids', database 'CORPGIS', schema 'gisadmin'.] [Prod_Address]'

ARCGISPORTALFEATURES writer: A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

P.S.

I have tried adding new records using ArcPro thru the same feature service and works fine. it only fails in FME even if I try to insert only 1 record.

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by saraatsafe 22 February 2023, 19:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @Lex Adove​, this error comes from the backend of the database. A few things to try: can you reduce features per transaction, or use Fiddler to see which request is the one that fails? You can then use the Feature Service WebUI to send exactly what FME is sending. Does doing this result in the same error, and does it occur around the same spot?

thanks for your feedback really helpful for me also

regards

Alight Motion