Question

I am not able to read ArcFM ArcSDE data in 64-bit FME

• 17 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

I have 64-bit FME installed and want to read ArcFM'ised ArcSDE data. I have ArcGIS Pro v2.8 on the same machine and 64-bit Oracle client as well. I was able to generate the .SDE connection file in Pro. However using the same .SDE file, I am not able to view the feature classes in FME. I am constantly getting the following error message "Could not open Enterprise Geodatabase. The error number from ArcObjects is -2147216072. The error message from ArcObjects is {Underlying DBMS error[Unknown error No extended error.]}"

We also have ArcFm ObjectReader for ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1a installed as well.

What could be the possible reason ?

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @bharat​, thanks for posting! You mention ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1 is installed, do you know if you're using the 32bit or 64bit ObjectReader? If you're using the 64bit Reader, try setting FME's Esri Compatability to ArcGIS Pro (or ArcGIS Desktop, if you have 64bit background georprocessing installed). If you're using the 32bit Reader, you'll need to install 32bit FME. Hope this helps, Kailin.

Badge

We have ArcGIS Pro installed and not ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1. Also, where can I check which ArcFM ObjectReader was installed ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

We have ArcGIS Pro installed and not ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1. Also, where can I check which ArcFM ObjectReader was installed ?

Hello @bharat​, hmm.. that's actually a great question, I want to think it would show up either in an extension or as installed products of ArcGIS Desktop/Pro? (I'm not completely confident in this answer). It may be worth reaching out to Schneider Electric directly to confirm you're using the right ObjectReader with ArcGIS Pro. Hope this helps, Kailin.

Badge

I don't know if this comment helps, but we use ArcDesktop. We have to use FME 2021 for 32-bit. I vaguely recall that FME 2022 beta had both 32-bit and 64-bit readers, we were testing that at one point. But the final 2022 release appears to be 64-bit only.

I believe ArcFM uses ArcDesktop, unless they've migrated to an ArcPro environment?

Badge

Hello @bharat​, hmm.. that's actually a great question, I want to think it would show up either in an extension or as installed products of ArcGIS Desktop/Pro? (I'm not completely confident in this answer). It may be worth reaching out to Schneider Electric directly to confirm you're using the right ObjectReader with ArcGIS Pro. Hope this helps, Kailin.

ok. Thanks. Will reach out.

Badge

I don't know if this comment helps, but we use ArcDesktop. We have to use FME 2021 for 32-bit. I vaguely recall that FME 2022 beta had both 32-bit and 64-bit readers, we were testing that at one point. But the final 2022 release appears to be 64-bit only.

I believe ArcFM uses ArcDesktop, unless they've migrated to an ArcPro environment?

That's a good question. Will look for more documentation. Thanks.