Question

Reading a specific table from a GDB depending on the date

• 17 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +7

Hello, 

I regularly save a file in a GDB (GDB-Name\\Topic_<date>) and want to display the differences a week later. Manually - I enter the file names myself - this works wonderfully, but it always requires a manual intervention to enter the correct names. Now I would like to automate this work. For this purpose, I calculate a variable using the transformer "DateTimeCalculator", which calculates the date of the last execution of the script (-5days). Afterwards I want to read the last table (GDB-Name\\Topic_<date - 5days>) from the GDB using the FeatureReader. My problem now is that I do not manage to specify the correct table within the GDB, or the correct number of features is output at the Generic Port, but without geometry and attributes. So my question is, where can I specifiy the correct tablename? Could someone please help me to solve this problem?

17-02-2023_08-13-51

2 replies

Badge +2

@alfons​ What version of FME are you using? This may have been in issue in earlier versions of FME. I can't reproduce it in FME 2022.2. I've attached an example workspace. Also, it might be that your _result_datetime doesn't have the correct format to match your feature class name. For example if your feature class is: CABLE_CAR_2023_02_17 and your _result_datetime includes H M S then you won't get a match. You might have to use DateTimeConverter to get the right format.

Badge +2

attachment