Question

FME Data Inspector launches, but doesn't open

• 16 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hi. I know it is a basic ask why FME Data Inspector is not opening. But, I have check for visual preview window, task manager for any FME Data Inspector open items, installed a fresh version of Desktop(2022.2.3) and also tried restating the machine. The last window displays 'initializing user interface', and nothing pops-up.

Can someone suggest a quick solution to this?

Thanks.

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hmmm, under 'normal' circumstances the application should just start, so it looks like an issue specific to your system. Did you contact your system administrator already? And another question would be: did Data Inspector run before or did it never run at all at your system? If it launched properly before, then it might be worth investigating what has changed on your system between then and the moment the application stopped working... Just a few thoughts.

Badge +1

Hmmm, under 'normal' circumstances the application should just start, so it looks like an issue specific to your system. Did you contact your system administrator already? And another question would be: did Data Inspector run before or did it never run at all at your system? If it launched properly before, then it might be worth investigating what has changed on your system between then and the moment the application stopped working... Just a few thoughts.

Thank you for your response @egge​ . I have not yet contacted the system admin yet, as I was supposing it would be a bug that I am not aware about.

Yes, till last week data inspector was working absolutely fine. In fact, I've never faced an issue with data Inspector over the past 10 years.

Currently, there are two versions installed on my machine 2022.2.2.0 and 2022.2.3.0, and surprisingly Inspector is not working in either of them.

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

I did test this one: FME(R) 2022.2.0.0 (20221103 - Build 22765 - WIN64). Data Inspector is running fine.

I don't have 2022.2.2.0 or 2022.2.3.0 running yet. Anyone else?

Badge +1

Strange, I got a windows update patch on my machine from admin and Data Inspector seems to be working now.

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Good to hear the issue has been solved :-)

I have the exact same issue - @parashari​  could you let me know what path you rolled out? Thanks!

Badge +1

I have the exact same issue - @parashari​  could you let me know what path you rolled out? Thanks!

@dberger106​ 

I had tried a few things:

• Restart the machine
  • Remove all FME versions
  • Remove all FME processes from Task Manager
  • Check if cache is not a hurdle, wash up cache

If nothings works, check your windows patch if it matches to the one I have mentioned in the comments above.

All the best!