Solved

WMS not displaying in FME Desktop, loads fine in ArcGIS Pro.

• 16 February 2023
  • 3 replies

I am trying to add the following WMS in FME Desktop:

http://gis.rijeka.hr/geoserver/At/wms?service=WMS&version=1.1.0&request=%20GetCapabilities&srs=EPSG:3765&format=image%2Fpng

I have no problems loading this map service in ArcGIS Pro but can't seem to get it to load in FME Workbench or Data Inspector.

The WMS contains two layers, I have tried adding them individually as well. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Any assistance here would be great.

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 16 February 2023, 10:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

How have you set up your WMS reader?

I've done it like this:

image.pngand that seems to work fine. It's rendering both selected layers as a single image but if I tick the 'split requests' box it'll create separate feature types.

How have you set up your WMS reader?

I've done it like this:

image.pngand that seems to work fine. It's rendering both selected layers as a single image but if I tick the 'split requests' box it'll create separate feature types.

Arghhhhh simple. I didn't remove the parameters in the URL so that was my problem. Silly. Thanks

Badge

Hello,

As per my knowledge when WMS not displaying in FME Desktop but loading fine in ArcGIS Pro, consider checking the following steps to resolve the problem:

Check URL and Parameters:

Ensure that the WMS URL is correct and that the parameters, such as service version, request type, and spatial reference (srs), match the requirements for FME Desktop.

Firewall and Network Settings:

Confirm that there are no firewall or network restrictions preventing FME Desktop from accessing the WMS service. Sometimes, security settings can interfere with the connection.

WMS Capabilities:

Verify that FME Desktop can read the WMS capabilities correctly. You might want to use the FME Data Inspector to examine the WMS capabilities and see if it can retrieve the layers.

Layer Names and Styles:

Double-check the names of the layers you're trying to add. Ensure that the layer names and styles are specified correctly in FME Desktop to match those on the WMS.

Coordinate Systems:

Confirm that the coordinate system (EPSG:3765 in this case) is supported in FME Desktop. If necessary, you might need to reproject the data to a compatible coordinate system.

FME Workbench and Data Inspector Versions:

Ensure that you're using the latest version of FME Desktop. Sometimes, issues are resolved in newer software versions. Also, make sure that FME Workbench and Data Inspector are consistent in their behavior.

Proxy Settings:

If your network uses a proxy, make sure that FME Desktop is configured with the correct proxy settings to access external services.

Error Messages:

Look for any error messages or warnings in the FME log or console. This can provide valuable information about what might be going wrong.

Contact FME Support:

If the issue persists, consider reaching out to FME support. They may have insights into specific issues or provide guidance on how to troubleshoot WMS-related problems.

By systematically checking these aspects, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue with the WMS not displaying in FME Desktop.

I hope this will help you.

Regards

Rohan Sharma(Ruby On Rails Course)