Question

Writing from ArcGIS Portal geodatabase to ArcGIS Online Feature Service resulting in %0 Writer: Failed to reproject feature with coordinate system '%1' to '%2' error?

• 16 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I am trying to publish from an Enterprise geodatabase layer into an existing AGOL feature service however get the following error.

image.pngI have tried setting the projection, used the Reprojector and Esri Reprojector but cannot seem to get past this issue.

Any pointers? Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @hayleyl​, would you be able to share a screenshot of your Reprojector/EsriReprojector transformer parameters? It might be helpful to see what coordinate system you're currently working in, and what you'd like to reproject too. It may also be worth viewing your data in DataInspector or VisualPreview (with background map enabled) to check the data is in the correct location before trying to reproject. Hope this helps, Kailin.

Hello @hayleyl​, would you be able to share a screenshot of your Reprojector/EsriReprojector transformer parameters? It might be helpful to see what coordinate system you're currently working in, and what you'd like to reproject too. It may also be worth viewing your data in DataInspector or VisualPreview (with background map enabled) to check the data is in the correct location before trying to reproject. Hope this helps, Kailin.

Hi @kailinatsafe​, thanks for your reply!

I actually don't need to use the Reprojector/EsriReprojector as my reader and writer are both in New Zealand Transverse Mercator (EPSG:2193). I tried including those as the error was saying it was a reprojection issue.

I have checked my data in the VisualPreview and it is all in the correct location.

Any pointers as to what I'm missing?

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi @kailinatsafe​, thanks for your reply!

I actually don't need to use the Reprojector/EsriReprojector as my reader and writer are both in New Zealand Transverse Mercator (EPSG:2193). I tried including those as the error was saying it was a reprojection issue.

I have checked my data in the VisualPreview and it is all in the correct location.

Any pointers as to what I'm missing?

Hello @hayleyl​, thanks for clarifying! Hmm.. could it be possible the existing feature service you're writing too has a different projection? It sort of seems like FME is trying to reproject on write. If you add a Reprojector transformer and project to Spherical Mercator (EPSG: 3857), are you able to write successfully? Let me know, Kailin.