Question

I have a sample ADAC XML and would like to transform it into ESRI spatial format. Here is the info page on SAFE site- I am a newbie for FME and have FME Desktop 2022.2.3 and ArcGIS 10.7 on my Windows machines.

• 16 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Could any body help me to start the process. The XML uses ADAC Schema version 5.0.1

Thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hello there @larryguo​, I haven't worked with this flavour of XML before, but it looks like we have a designated format reader for Australian Asset Design and As Constructed (ADAC) XML. Taking a look at the documentation, the ADAC XML R/W supports version 5.0.1! Once your XML is in Workbench, you can use various transformers to make any neccessary changes to your data (depending on what your output goal is). Afterwards, you'll likely want to use the Esri Shapefile Writer or Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb Open API) Writer. If you're new to working with XML in FME, I might suggest running through a few of our XML Tutorials before getting started! Let me know if you run into any errors or get stuck somewhere along the way. Hope this helps, Kailin.