Solved

FME Server and ArcGIS Server + ArcGIS Server Basic License

• 16 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi All,

Does anyone have experience installing ArcGIS Server with ArcGIS Server Basic license on the same Windows Server hosting FME Server?

Do I need to complete our ArcGIS server Setup Wizard? Or as long as I have ArcGIS Server installed with ArcGIS Server Basic license...I am ready to have automations accessing enterprise level SDE and read/write data from our enterprise GDB without creating a new site? or do I need to "Join Existing Site"?

Please help :)

Many thanks,

Reno

icon

Best answer by theodrogo 28 April 2023, 17:18

View original

4 replies

Badge

New site need to be created :)

Badge

When installing FME Server with ArcGIS Server (when used for licensing purposes only), there is no need to create a new site. The only thing to do is to install ArcGIS Server (with the basic components) and authorize the software.

Also make sure you have compatible FME/ESRI versions: https://community.safe.com/s/article/notes-on-fme-and-esri-versions-and-compatibility

Badge

Thanks a lot @theodrogo​ 

For FME Flow needing to run anything using arcpy, I need to use ArcGIS Server Advanced right? :)

Cheers,

Reno

Badge

You're welcome @renosungis​ !

For your second question, a standard ArcGIS Server license should be enough if there's nothing specific apart from reading / writing ESRI classic formats.