Question

FME Desktop with ArcGIS Server

• 14 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have FME Desktop installed on a machine with ArcGIS Server (licensed and site created). FME Desktop is failing to create reader (ArcSDE geodb) with the following error:

---------------------------

Fetching Feature Types Error

<b>Failed to retrieve feature types.</b><p>Unable to perform any licensing related tasks. Please check your Esri ArcGIS Compatibility workspace parameter, found in Navigator -&gt; Workspace Parameters -&gt; Translation. This 64-bit version of FME requires ArcGIS Desktop along with 64-bit Background Geoprocessing; ArcGIS Pro; or ArcGIS Enterprise. Refer to this this article http://fme.ly/qua for more details

Close  

Based on the dialog message, ArcGIS Enterprise is an option, and ArcGIS Server is already installed. What other settings are required for FME Workbench recognize and use ArcGIS Server to read SDE data?

Thanks,

Vu

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @vudangtss​, what version of FME Desktop and ArcGIS Server do you have installed on your machine? Have you checked the versions against this compatability article? I might also suggest reading through this FME and ESRI troubleshooting guide (see section: Troubleshooting Esri Formats Within FME > Common Esri Licensing Errors > ArcGIS Licensing Error: '64-bit version of FME'). Hope this helps, Kailin.

Badge

Hello @vudangtss​, what version of FME Desktop and ArcGIS Server do you have installed on your machine? Have you checked the versions against this compatability article? I might also suggest reading through this FME and ESRI troubleshooting guide (see section: Troubleshooting Esri Formats Within FME > Common Esri Licensing Errors > ArcGIS Licensing Error: '64-bit version of FME'). Hope this helps, Kailin.

Hi, We had an issue with ArcGIS Server licensing. FME workbench is working with ArcGIS Server now. Thanks,

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi, We had an issue with ArcGIS Server licensing. FME workbench is working with ArcGIS Server now. Thanks,

Hello @vudangtss​, thank you for the update! Glad you got it sorted! Kailin.