Question

Surface Model could not find 3 non NAN seed points I am trying to convert a .Tiff DEM to Minecraft format. Once it reaches the Surface Draper transformers the translation fails and I get the above error message.

• 13 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge
Surface Model could not find 3 non NAN seed points I am trying to convert a .Tiff DEM to Minecraft format. Once it reaches the Surface Draper transformers the translation fails and I get the above error message.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello there @kleeben​, would you be able to share a sample workspace, as well as a sample input dataset? Also, may I ask what you are tying to accomplish/do by using the SurfaceDraper in your workspace? If you're able to share any additional context, that would be awesome! Happy to help, Kailin.

Badge

Hello! Thank you for your response. I have resolved this issue and determined that there was a problem with my DEM file - upon inspecting the point cloud combiner I noticed that it was producing an odd narrow shape. After I changed my reader to a different .tiff file the workdesk was able to create the point cloud and send it to the point cloud filter and combiner. I am attempting to drape shapefile features (road, hydrology) on top of my DEM point cloud using a feature reader to read a geodatabase. All my features (DEM, shapefiles, test area) share the same coordinate system (UTM83-16).

I am still experiencing an issue with the surface drapers, but with a different error message. The error message I am getting now is:

"An error occurred. Here is the information that FME was able to find on the error.

Access is denied."

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello! Thank you for your response. I have resolved this issue and determined that there was a problem with my DEM file - upon inspecting the point cloud combiner I noticed that it was producing an odd narrow shape. After I changed my reader to a different .tiff file the workdesk was able to create the point cloud and send it to the point cloud filter and combiner. I am attempting to drape shapefile features (road, hydrology) on top of my DEM point cloud using a feature reader to read a geodatabase. All my features (DEM, shapefiles, test area) share the same coordinate system (UTM83-16).

I am still experiencing an issue with the surface drapers, but with a different error message. The error message I am getting now is:

"An error occurred. Here is the information that FME was able to find on the error.

Access is denied."

Hello @kleeben​, thanks for sharing the workspace and explanation! You should consider restructuring your workspace to only use a single SurfaceDraper (this would also improve performance, which is nice!). It looks like you're doing a lot of pre-processing before features reach the SurfaceDraper, I recommend double checking the output from PointCloudExpresssionEvaluator_9 to see if anything looks amiss/off. Hope this helps, Kailin