Question

hello everyone I got a 3d shapefile of buildings and I want to convert it to a citygml fine with LoD1 what is the workflow that I should do and here is my shapefile? thank you

• 11 February 2023
  • 3 replies

hello everyone I got a 3d shapefile of buildings and I want to convert it to a citygml fine with LoD1 what is the workflow that I should do and here is my shapefile? thank you

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @redamrini​,

Please have a look at the attached workspace, which extrudes 3D buildings from the Shape polygons, then sets the CityGML LOD to 1 and writes to CityGML Buildings.

Hi @redamrini​,

Please have a look at the attached workspace, which extrudes 3D buildings from the Shape polygons, then sets the CityGML LOD to 1 and writes to CityGML Buildings.

Thank you so much it works for me but I got only one probleme and that is when I put citygml file to cesium ion it dosen't fit in the right location and it's like and longitude and the latitude are switch. It's like if the right X is -7.617758 and the right Y is 33.595294 and in the cesium ion X become 33.595294 and Y become -7.617758

here is my citygml file and my 3d tiles files

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Thank you so much it works for me but I got only one probleme and that is when I put citygml file to cesium ion it dosen't fit in the right location and it's like and longitude and the latitude are switch. It's like if the right X is -7.617758 and the right Y is 33.595294 and in the cesium ion X become 33.595294 and Y become -7.617758

here is my citygml file and my 3d tiles files

CityGML stores coordinate systems as EPSG numbers, but the coordinate system on your Shape data does not have an EPSG equivalent, so is not written to the CityGML file. This prevents Cesium Ion from properly geolocating it.

I am attaching an updated workspace that reprojects your data to EPSG:26191 (Merchich / Nord Maroc), which is quite close to your Shape coordinate system. This can be written to the CityGML file, and will properly geolocate the data for Ion.