Question

Discover user id not FME feature number when processing data in FME Workbench

• 10 February 2023
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

In FME Workbench I have a Bufferer transform which is stopping on a specific feature. FME is reporting:

Bufferer_SC1_2DBuffering (PolygonDissolveFactory): Buffering feature number: 49788

And stops.

How do I find out what feature number 49788 is referring to? What I want is not the FME Feature number but the value of a unique user identifier called search_criteria_pk_id.

regards

Simon

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

@simongreener​ That's the count of the features as they entered the Bufferer. You could use a Counter or a Sampler (the first 49787 should work) but you should be able to identify or even fix the problem feature with a GeometryValidator before the Bufferer.

@simongreener​ That's the count of the features as they entered the Bufferer. You could use a Counter or a Sampler (the first 49787 should work) but you should be able to identify or even fix the problem feature with a GeometryValidator before the Bufferer.

Dan, I will take a look at Counter or Sampler.

Because I assumed the stopping of the Bufferer was probably related to an input geometry problem, I put a GeometryValidator. Only those that pass the GeometryValidator are sent to the Bufferer.

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Dan, I will take a look at Counter or Sampler.

Because I assumed the stopping of the Bufferer was probably related to an input geometry problem, I put a GeometryValidator. Only those that pass the GeometryValidator are sent to the Bufferer.

Please file a case if you find features that pass or are repaired by the GeometryValidator but still cause the Bufferer to crash.