Question

FME Server JobSubmitter Redirecting POST to GET

• 9 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi, We are posting as a RAW POST Body large JSON content.....however, it is not receiving any of the JSON into the workspace.

When we use a small JSON, it works fine.

On inspecting the JobSubmitter log file, we see the following:

WARN https-jsse-nio-443-exec-52 413010 : POST request received. Redirecting to GET method.

Is there a reason why this is happening? I assume that the POST body is getting lost when it is redirecting as a GET request.

Thanks,

Steve

6 replies

Userlevel 4

Out of curiosity, how large is the post message? I believe that Tomcat is limited to max 2 MB post message size by default.

It is quite large, i think around the 3MB mark. It is essentially an ESRI WebMap JSON that we are sending to FME for some processing.

Thanks for your guidance, i will give maxPostSize a tweak and test

@david_r​ thanks for this suggestion, I set maxPostSize="-1" into the connector of server.xml, and it still has the same issue. The JSON body is not shown in the job log, and the Jobsubmitter log file says it is redirecting to a GET request. is there a configuration for the JobSubmitter similar to tomcat?

Userlevel 4

@david_r​ thanks for this suggestion, I set maxPostSize="-1" into the connector of server.xml, and it still has the same issue. The JSON body is not shown in the job log, and the Jobsubmitter log file says it is redirecting to a GET request. is there a configuration for the JobSubmitter similar to tomcat?

Sorry, I've never had to confront this issue myself, I don't know.

OK, maybe we need to change the approach to use the upload service, then run the workspace using a reference to the location of that file