Solved

How to setup arcgispro-py3-clone as preferred python interpreter.

• 7 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi, 

I'm trying to run a python script that accesses python modules in an arcpy cloned environment. But I'm having trouble setting FME to use the conda python interpreter. 

I have set the preferred python interpreter in the FME options to the cloned interpreter.imageHowever FME looks to default to the standard arcpy interpreter. 

imageAnd returns the following error after running the workbench: Python Exception <ModuleNotFoundError>: No module named 'untools'

Also tried the following, but that does not seem to work:

import sys
sys.path.append(r"C:\Users\markv\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone\python39.dll")

Python compatibility: Esri ArcGIS Python 3.9 - Would have liked to see the custom interpreter here, but it does not. 

ESRI ArcGIS compatibility: Auto

Does anybody have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mark

icon

Best answer by rahulsharma 8 February 2023, 00:32

View original

2 replies

Badge +8

Hi @markvv​ 

You have set the "Preferred Python Interpreter" under Tools --> FME Options

Once you set the option there, you can override the value by setting the Python Compatability in the workspace under Workspace --> Parameters --> Scripting --> Python Compatability

ISSUE:

When you are setting python compatibility to "Esri ArcGIS Python 3.9" you are overriding the preferred interpreter(set under FME Options).

SOLUTION:

Set Python Compatability in

Workspace --> Parameters --> Scripting --> Python Compatability

to FME Python 3.9+

Let me know if that works.

Badge

Hi @markvv​ 

You have set the "Preferred Python Interpreter" under Tools --> FME Options

Once you set the option there, you can override the value by setting the Python Compatability in the workspace under Workspace --> Parameters --> Scripting --> Python Compatability

ISSUE:

When you are setting python compatibility to "Esri ArcGIS Python 3.9" you are overriding the preferred interpreter(set under FME Options).

SOLUTION:

Set Python Compatability in

Workspace --> Parameters --> Scripting --> Python Compatability

to FME Python 3.9+

Let me know if that works.

Perfect, this worked!