Question

I am trying to automate a workspace on FME server, but i am getting a red dot with an exclamation point in it saying "Component needs configuration". What does this mean?

• 2 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

I am trying to set up an automated fme workbench to run once a day. I ran the Workbench in FME Server and it ran just fine without error. All this workbench does is run a SQL Creator that sends the data to an excel writer (one for each type of permit) and then it saves the files into a folder on FME Server. That is all it does. The version is FME Server 2022.2.1.

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi,

The most simple answer would be: this means that something is wrong...

Can you please provide us with a little bit of background information on what you try to accomplish?

I.e. what does your workspace do? Does it run properly in the Workbench? What version of Server are you running? What component do you think needs configuration?

With this additional information the community might be able to help.

Cheers,

Egge-Jan

Badge

Hi,

Can you please provide us with a little bit of background information on what you try to accomplish?

I.e. what does your workspace do? Does it run properly in the Workbench? What version of Server are you running? What component do you think needs configuration?

Cheers,

Egge-Jan

Sorry, i was not sure what to include. I am trying to set up an automated fme workbench to run once a day. I ran the Workbench in FME Server and it ran just fine without error. All this workbench does is run a SQL Creator that sends the data to an excel writer (one for each type of permit) and then it saves the files into a folder on FME Server. That is all it does.

Badge

Hi,

Cheers,

Egge-Jan

And the version is FME Server 2022.2.1

Badge +2

Paul, Did you find a resolution to the red dot issue? We are experiencing the same issue in a lot of our automations after a restore of an FME Server while to upgrading to version 2022.2.3.

Thanks.

Sarah

Badge

Paul, Did you find a resolution to the red dot issue? We are experiencing the same issue in a lot of our automations after a restore of an FME Server while to upgrading to version 2022.2.3.

Thanks.

Sarah

Sadly, no. However, it does seem to go away, once you start the automation. In the end it didn't seem to stop my automation from running. Maybe it's just a reminder dot to make sure you create the trigger correctly? I am still unsure. This probably doesn't help, but maybe someone else will be able to figure it out and let us know lol.

Badge +2

Sadly, no. However, it does seem to go away, once you start the automation. In the end it didn't seem to stop my automation from running. Maybe it's just a reminder dot to make sure you create the trigger correctly? I am still unsure. This probably doesn't help, but maybe someone else will be able to figure it out and let us know lol.

Thanks for replying. When we hover over the red dot, its says "Component needs configuration". Even though all the parameters for the scheduler task look correct.

FME Server Schedule Trigger - Component needs configuration - red exclamation point circleOur automations also seem to be running fine, but we are taking the red circle to mean some sort of corruption. It never appeared in our prior version of FME Server 2021.2.2, so when we restored from the FME Server backup files, and saw this (along with other unexplained events that occurred) we were alarmed and started searching for answers.

And yes, we noticed the same thing.. the first time you go to look at the automation, you don't see it. Then we click on the workspace task, and click other places in the automation and the red dot will appear.

We have a case open with Safe regarding our issues and the red dot, but we are in the early stages and are planning to reinstall the new 2022.2.3 version this weekend.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @pauldeq​ and @sdepriest​ ,

Just an update on the case and the issue in general. We were able to reproduce the issue.

The good news is that it's user-interface specific and will not impact the automations or jobs themselves. The issue has already been resolved for FME 2023.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

-Kezia

Badge +2

Hi @pauldeq​ and @sdepriest​ ,

Just an update on the case and the issue in general. We were able to reproduce the issue.

The good news is that it's user-interface specific and will not impact the automations or jobs themselves. The issue has already been resolved for FME 2023.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

-Kezia

Thank you.