Question

Customise map in HTML Report

• 2 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

I am struggling to change the color of polygon, line and point as well as popup and labels on map included in HTML Report. It seems like an easy task but I am struggling to find a solution.

I assume my questions are:

• How to change the colour of polygons, lines and points on the map base on the value of the attributes?
  • How to edit labels and popups so they have different values?

I have followed the instructions from Add Conditional Coloring to Map section of How to Customize HTML Reports (safe.com). Unfortunately, suggested method is not what I am looking for.

I have attached my workbench.

Thank you for all suggestions.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

When it comes to map layout the HTMLReportGenerator is rather basic unfortunately. Features can only have one color and the label can only be filled from a single attribute. Fortunately that is relatively easy to change, you can simply use an AttributeCreator before the HTMLReportGenerator and have it create a new attribute, filled with whatever you like and then use that as the label attribute in the HTMLReportGenerator.

Badge +6

Hi, thank you for your message and suggestion.

I am sure there have to be a way of doing it using Python

Badge +16

Hi, thank you for your message and suggestion.

I am sure there have to be a way of doing it using Python

The way I've done it might not be the best method, but what I've done is create a separate template file that contains my JavaScript, CSS, and HTML for my custom map and then replace and/or insert the data from the HTMLReportGenerator into the attribute value containing the html_content with python before it gets written.

Badge +6

The way I've done it might not be the best method, but what I've done is create a separate template file that contains my JavaScript, CSS, and HTML for my custom map and then replace and/or insert the data from the HTMLReportGenerator into the attribute value containing the html_content with python before it gets written.

Hi warrengis,

​I think that is the way to go. Could you please share the code? I am a beginner and do not know coding yet.

Thank you in advance