Question

Recently we installed FME server… Nothing is broken… just throwing up workbenches and trying to get things to process in the same way they are on FME Desktop. I’m having some success… but I feel its more like luck than “repeatable success”.

• 2 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Recently we installed FME server… And I’ve been banging around in it like a bull a China closet… Nothing is broken… just throwing up workbenches and trying to get things to process in the same way they are on FME Desktop. I’m having some success… but I feel its more like luck than “repeatable success”.

I’ve looked on the Safe.com website and read through questions and articles… That helps some… but still needing a little more guidance…

What suggestions do you have? What guidelines/articles/manuals/reference material could you suggest?

Here are some of the areas/errors where I’m struggling with…

• Error connecting to Oracle database: message was `ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied'. (serverType=`ORACLE8i', serverName=`odeq1', userName=`msaccess', password=`***', dbname=`')

• Microsoft Word Writer: Aborting translation: Not authorized to access destination file. Please ensure that destination file is closed and check destination filepath

• CSV writer: Failed to open file 'I:\\WQD-NextGen\\BRANDT\\2022.3.31 MPP\\Sample MPP Indicator.csv' for writing. Please ensure that you have sufficient privileges to write this file. If the file already exists, please ensure it is not open in another application

• CSV writer: Failed to convert attribute 'CONTROL_LEVEL_TYPE' with value 'MIN' to date output format '%Y%m%d'. The value will be written as an empty string. Further date type conversion errors will not be logged for this attribute

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

I believe some of your errors stem from the FME Engines and Cores running from a local system account, which would not be allowed access to the network. I would try running these services with a service account. More info here: Running the FME Server System Services Under Different Accounts (Windows) (safe.com). For the Oracle database, have you added the connection to FME Server? More on that here: Database Connections (safe.com) and here: FME Server Troubleshooting: Database Connections (safe.com)

I believe some of your errors stem from the FME Engines and Cores running from a local system account, which would not be allowed access to the network. I would try running these services with a service account. More info here: Running the FME Server System Services Under Different Accounts (Windows) (safe.com). For the Oracle database, have you added the connection to FME Server? More on that here: Database Connections (safe.com) and here: FME Server Troubleshooting: Database Connections (safe.com)

Thank you. I will have my IT Admin look over what you sent...

Userlevel 3
Badge +33

The first error, "Error connecting to Oracle database", may or may not be a problem. The username and password are case sensitive.

After displaying this error message, FME Server will retry connecting to the database with the username in UPPER CASE. This may well succede, the next line in the log file will give more information on this.

Badge +12

Just with reference to you not been able to read/write some files. I assume I:\\ is a network path (e.g. not on the server machine). FME Server requires that you add this as a unc path e.g \\\\servername\\etc

https://community.safe.com/s/article/workspace-fails-using-fme-server-data-in-mapped-dr