Question

Merge table to create side by side output without having to rename fields

• 2 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have a table of data. I want to merge it to itself so that the data is side by side. I tried FeatureJoiner but it lists the data stacked not side by side. I suspect this is because the field names are the same. I added a AttributeManager to one of the table inputs and converted the field names to "original field name"+2 and I get the results I am looking for.. Is it possible to perform a side by side merge on the same table without having to rename all the fields in one table? Is there a transformer that will rename automatically?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

It sounds like the Aggregator might be your best bet. You would use Group Processing with what your key attribute is. This transformer has the option to create a list of all the input attributes.

Badge

I tried Aggregator but I can't get it to generate a side by side list of the original values. I only see a single value for each parameter once the fields are grouped. The process using AttributeManager and FeatureJoiner describe above is working and providing the expected results. I will stick with that for now. Thank you.