Question

Dear Community, i have 3 data bases (PostgreSQL). In one there are LoD2 buildings(PostGIS) and in an other the textures. I´am trying to import the LoD2 buildings Database with 3 different readers (FeatureReader, PostGIS and PostgreSQL).

• 2 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Everytime I try to import a database there aren´t any informations about buildings. I also tried to look into the db through pgAdmin4, but dont even see the tables. I would like to import the data and get the data exported as CityGML (.gml) format.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

If you can't even see the tables in pgAdmin there's two likely scenarios:

1. You don't have the proper access credentials to see those tables.
  2. They really aren't there.

Neither of those are really FME issues. If you can see them in pgAdmin but can't with FME while using the same credentials we should look for a solution within FME.

If you can't even see the tables in pgAdmin there's two likely scenarios:

1. You don't have the proper access credentials to see those tables.
  2. They really aren't there.

Neither of those are really FME issues. If you can see them in pgAdmin but can't with FME while using the same credentials we should look for a solution within FME.

Thank you for your answer. Your´ re right, there were some access creditentials. Normally we access the database through a software, where it is possible to choose some building and export them (cityGML). We would like to do the same but with the FME, but everytime i add the db through a featureReader i get some tables but don´t know the schema. Is it possible, that the databases were created to access them only with the "right" software?

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Thank you for your answer. Your´ re right, there were some access creditentials. Normally we access the database through a software, where it is possible to choose some building and export them (cityGML). We would like to do the same but with the FME, but everytime i add the db through a featureReader i get some tables but don´t know the schema. Is it possible, that the databases were created to access them only with the "right" software?

Possibly, I've seen some really obfuscated schema's... Worst was the one where the data was stored in Oracle, but all the table and columns were numbered rather than named... with 400 pages of documentation. So joining table 13 column 10 with table 7 column 9 would give me a useable address... Talk about a data hostage situation.

So you're able to access the database using FME and you get some tables but don't know the schema, can you elaborate? Can you inspect it in FME? Do you actually see columns?

It was possible to load one database. The problem is, the only thing I get are CityGML models without any informations. The company that created those databases got their own schema they use in their software, which would require an API. :/