Question

How to Combine multiple lines together that connecting to eachother and has only increment with 1 from other id

• 2 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

Hello ,

I have multiple lines connecting to each other in shape file and each multiple lines has different id with increment 1 ,

as example :

multiple lines include id ‘s : 250 ,251 ,252,253 ,….

and different multiple lines include id ‘s : 4090,4091,4092,4093,….

I would like to combine the lines together that connecting to eachother and increment with one from others id

my target : to convert each multiple lines that looks like square to polygon and also the street lines to be together as seperate another polygon .

i am not sure how to achieve that,so i have thought that may be i combine id with increment 1 , i hope if someone has idea ,let me know please

linesFME 2021

Thanks for help

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

@spiderman​ You can create polygons using an Intersector and AreaBuilder. The extra lines that don't form polygons will come out of the Incomplete port. How do you want to combine the street lines into another polygon?

Badge +3

@spiderman​ You can create polygons using an Intersector and AreaBuilder. The extra lines that don't form polygons will come out of the Incomplete port. How do you want to combine the street lines into another polygon?

Yes please ,

i would like to create polygon for any box or square that I have , some times that data has big square and inside it small square

so I need to create both of them separate polygon .

and for streets also ,it is important for me to create polygon for it .

i know ,it should be common line between every polygon and other but it is okey for me .

Thanks for help

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Yes please ,

i would like to create polygon for any box or square that I have , some times that data has big square and inside it small square

i know ,it should be common line between every polygon and other but it is okey for me .

Thanks for help

Are you able to share some sample data and a screenshot of the polygons you'd like to create from it?

Badge +3

Yes please ,

Thanks for help

It will be hard to share the data Bcs it belongs to company .if u have any idea and I can try it ,I will be grateful

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Yes please ,

Thanks for help

By default the AreaBuilder will create donuts and not drop the holes. So if you have nested polygons then it should great "donut holes". Then use a DonutHoleExtractor to separate the shells into overlapping polygons if that's what you're after.

Badge +3

Yes please ,

Thanks for help

@danatsafe​ 

thanks .It works

but i have still one problem , the street that between houses Bcs it is not closed from both side .so it did not convert to polygon .

and it looks like gap ,how could I convert it also to polygon although it is not closed from both side .

thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Yes please ,

Thanks for help

Hi @spiderman​ A screenshot would help! :^) Without seeing your streets, I'd recommend trying the Snapper, AnchoredSnapper, LineExtender (maybe a Bufferer?) and an Intersector to create polygons from your remaining lines.