Question

WorkspaceRunner fails if variable path is used

• 1 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

I try to run diffrent workspaces with a WorkspaceRunner. It works with a fullpath but not if I use a AttributeValue or a UserParameter fed by a pathReader.

The ErrorMessage contains "An error occurred while evaluating a test parameter: @Tcl2 -- failed to evaluate expression `WorkspaceRunner ..."

I run it on Windows 10 with FME 2022.1. I already added FME_Home to PATH environment.

With FME 2019.2.x it worked fine.

An Example Workspace is provided.

Settings Workspacerunner 

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

I can reproduce this. When I use an AttributeCreator to set path_windows = "@Value(path_windows)" it does work.

Badge +6

I can reproduce this. When I use an AttributeCreator to set path_windows = "@Value(path_windows)" it does work.

It does not work for me. I still encounter the same Error.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

You also have a required published parameter "SourceDataset_PATH" in the target workspace. This attribute can't be added in the workspacerunner as the path is an attribute. Does it work when you remove the parameter?

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

@tschoppenhof​  The solution is to use the actual path to the child workspace when setting up the WorkspaceRunner. This will expose the Workspace Parameters from the child workspace. Then the FME Workspace can be reset to @Value(path_windows) and it will run without error.

Badge +6

It will run that's true but not as expected. If I have different PrivateParameters in my child workspaces it will always use the PrivateParameter which I used for setting up and not the ones which are actually defined in the child Workspaces. And this ruins the whole output.

I've updated the workspaces in the original question accordingly.

Badge +6

I got my Workspace to run with a downgrade of the WorkspaceRunner from Version 4 to Version 3 (Copied from a FME Workspace 2019). But after that no adjustment in the WorkspaceRunner is possible because it will upgrade again automatically. Is this wanted behavior?