Question

When connecting to an ArcGIS Portal, the connection only shows item owned by the user or shared with groups. Item that are shared to the organization but not to a group cannot be seen

• 31 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Tested in FME 2019 and 2022.2.2

We wish to connect to items that are shared to the organization but not to a group

portal_connection_fme

3 replies

Badge +8

Hi @geohughes​ 

Yes, we are currently aware of this behavior and there is an internal request for this enhancement.

The current workflow is quite simple, your ID of the feature service to connect in FME Desktop.

Connect to ArcGIS Portal ArcGIS Online Feature Service (AGOL) using ID 

In this example, I will be using the following URL and trying to connect to the Feature Service without using the FeatureService list picker

https://bp-portal.base.safe.com/portal/home/item.html?id=fa6def06c0f24405bb4893dde23d1992

You should be able to get this URL in WebUI after searching for the feature service that you want to connect in your Organization

In FME Workbench, Add Reader --> Select "Esri ArcGIS Portal Featuer Service"

Click On Parameters --> In the Feature Service dialog

Reader ParameterClick on Layers and select the one you need to connect

SelectLayersHope this helps

Badge +1

Thanks for your fast response and good to know this enhancement is coming.

I was aware of the ID workaround but it does not work for me when I use the id of an item shared to the organization. I get the error below

ArcGIS Portal Feature Service Reader: Could not find a Feature Service item matching the Feature Service directive 'example@somewhere.com/09c34d31bf3c4e2cac3cffc9631dded3'

Badge +1

I have got this working now. I needed to include the name of the feature service before the ID

Feature Serve Name(1d4d6bdc8f6040f79556758ebcc39c601)