Question

Active Directory Issue: Authenticating as guest from FME Workbench instead of Windows user. FME 2022

• 30 January 2023
  • 0 replies

Badge

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with an Active Directory connection after completing an upgrade to FME 2022. In the newly upgraded version of FME, when creating a Web Connection from FME Desktop to FME Server the correct permissions are not being assigned.

Choosing 'Windows Credentials' I can make a connection successfully, however I can only see the Samples repository. I can not publish if I click through the wizard.

Digging deeper, it appears as though when choosing Windows Credentials, rather than passing through my logged-in user, I am authenticating as 'guest' - the built-in user. I have tested this by disabling that user from the FME Server UI, and the connection can no longer be made.

There are no issues using the Windows Credentials via the browser, and interestingly no issues when making a Web Connection from an older version of FME Desktop, so I am confident that the AD setup with FME Server is ok.

Is there anything new in the latest builds of FME Desktop that could be affecting my ability to authenticate with FME Server using Windows Credentials?

Many thanks.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!