Question

Am using DateTimeConverter to change date YYYYMMDD into YYYY-MM-DD (CSV File), it is converting it when check on Visual Preview. But when open in excel, does not show it. Seeing FME_Rejection_Code = Invalid Input

• 30 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Am using DateTimeConverter to change date YYYYMMDD into YYYY-MM-DD (CSV File), it is converting it when check on Visual Preview. But when open in excel, does not show it. Seeing FME_Rejection_Code = Invalid Input

7 replies

Screenshot 2023-01-30 135610

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Which attribute are you converting? What does the input look like?

Which attribute are you converting? What does the input look like?

imageSample table above, suing the transformer to convert into the format on the right

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Screenshot 2023-01-30 135610

If you look at your screenshot, everything is exiting the DateTimeConverter from the Rejected Port.

Can you share your settings, it's not doing what you want it to do.

If you have null values in your data, you need to make sure Passthrough nulls, empties or missing is set to Yes

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

imageSample table above, suing the transformer to convert into the format on the right

And, as @ebygomm​ said, how have you set up your DateTimeConverter? The input looks like it can be autodetected and the output isn't too tricky either. %Y%m%d as input and ISO date as output should work.

Badge +2

I am going to jump aboard this community post with my screenshot of a similar issue.

I can’t work out why this simple example is getting rejected. I want to read in the date value %d%m%Y and convert it to another date format (in the example above I have used %Y for simplicity/testing).
The Preview Data within the transformer behaves as expected but the transformer rejects it.

Version: FME(R) 2023.1.0.0 (20230825 - Build 23619 - WIN64)

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @badgerseatfrog1:   I’m sorry you’ve come across an issue with the DateTimeConverter.  I was able to reproduce this issue. I’ve created a ticket for our development team to look at (internal reference FMEENGINE-82492).  We’ll keep you posted on any updates here.