Question

How can I configure extract not to skip resources?

• 27 January 2023
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

When performing a simple extraction of some objects from the Smallworld base (GIS), such objects are being ignored in the export, as you can see in the attached log. The skipped features can be seen on line 458 of the log.

What makes the analysis difficult is that the export does not show any errors.

Version:

FME Server 2014 SP2 - Build 14339 - win32

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Hi @dhideo​ thanks for your question, I think we need more information before someone is able to provide an answer.

1. Are you able to run this workspace on FME Desktop without the errors you are seeing on FME Server?
  2. Did this used to work on FME Server and has suddenly stopped? What made you notice the errors?
  3. Have you inspected your data?
  4. What version of FME Desktop are you using? (i.e. are you using FME 2014?)
Badge +2

Hi @Evie Lapalme​ !

Are you able to run this workspace on FME Desktop without the errors you are seeing on FME Server?

Yes, I can run the extraction through FME Desktop without problems.

Did this used to work on FME Server and has suddenly stopped? What made you notice the errors?

The error appeared at the end of last month, however there was no implementation that could impact the FME engine.

Have you inspected your data?

Unfortunately as I said, the extraction does not return anything, even if it has been read.

What version of FME Desktop are you using? (i.e. are you using FME 2014?)

FME Server 2014 SP2 - Build 14339 - win32

The problem is the features that are being ignored ('skipped features' shown in log FME-Job5494 at line 458)by FME Server.

Badge +2

below is the point of the log mentioned:

line458-log

Badge +9

@dhideo,

Would you mind attaching your FME Desktop log file? If it's working on FME Desktop but not Server it is likely a difference in the version or the environment where the workspace is configured. FME Server and Desktop use the same libraries to process data so they should be equivalent.